Yurek's application for Alexis Masters

Post by Yurek on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:14 am

Username: Yurek

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:38445646

Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/theflightlessbird/

Time on server: 3 days (ish)

Is this a character application, or transfer: Application

If transfer, what previous roleplay has occurred(Gist of it): N/A

What items are you requesting? Sith Order whitelist, force sensitivity, basic force abilities, single-bladed light saber (red crystal), basic Sith teachings,

Roleplay experiences? 5 years of RP experience overall. I will go into detail if you want me to, but I barely even remember all the servers i've played on.

Why should you have all this? Because I believe I have proven my roleplay to the community, and to the administration, and I have always enjoyed playing Sith more than anything else in the Star Wars universe.

[Optional]Backstory:

What are your perks/skills? Large size (can be both perk and fault), good strength, stamina, and pain tolerance. (When you're always fighting, you learn to ignore the pain).

What are your faults/flaws? Arrogance, Pride, Unwilling-ness to back down from a fight, as well as often letting her pride get in the way of any wit.

What force abilities do you have? Basic Force Abilities (Jump, Push, Pull, etc.), although training in these powers varies.

Character traits: Arrogant, Prideful, Unwilling to back down from a fight. Her arrogance and pride lead her to often believe she is superior compared to her equals (and sometimes superiors, save for perhaps other sith), and she shows this with her physical size and prowess.

(Optional)Character Description: F|6'3|Green Eyes|Short Ginger Hair|Sith Training Armor|Sith Training Uniform|Black Combat Boots|Black Shawl|Black Utility Belt|

Passive RP(Optional):

Combat RP(Optional):

Notes: Sorry if this is short, but i'd rather my experience and role-play show more than any application. Tell me if you want me to expand upon something I didn't already cover, i'll gladly do so. Sorry if the app is shitty, but i've had people yelling in my ear all evening, and it was hard to concentrate on a decent story and descriptions. I can remake it better if this app isn't up to par.

Last edited by Yurek on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:25 am; edited 3 times in total

Yurek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yurek's application for Alexis Masters

Post by svadas on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:00 am

- Support

Alexis was born on Taris in 3931 BBY, to a family of Imperials. Didn't exist back then

She demonstrated physical and mental superiority at a young age, often beating children in her Elementary school senseless for petty insults. No.

At the age of 16, she displayed force sensitivity and abilities Too late to show force sensitivity tbh. It shows itself even in babies at times, though often toddlers.

, and was taken from her family to be raised as a Sith. No. The Sith don't want senseless thugs. Still doesn't work with before.

She was sent to Korriban, where until the age of 23, she was taught the basics of Sith society and trained in Lightsaber combat. You don't really get 'trained'. It's a trial and error and if you make an error you die.

At the age of 23, she killed another acolyte in a private duel, but rather than expelling her for this, this was seen as potential. No.

As a challenge, one of the masters sent her to a remote desert colony under command of a new Lord. Perhaps if she excelled there, then there was true potential. If she is so good, why is she being sent away? Just.. no.

svadas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thebiggerboat3 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:46 pm

svadas wrote:- Support

Alexis was born on Taris in 3931 BBY, to a family of Imperials. Didn't exist back then

She demonstrated physical and mental superiority at a young age, often beating children in her Elementary school senseless for petty insults. No.

At the age of 16, she displayed force sensitivity and abilities Too late to show force sensitivity tbh. It shows itself even in babies at times, though often toddlers.

, and was taken from her family to be raised as a Sith. No. The Sith don't want senseless thugs. Still doesn't work with before.

She was sent to Korriban, where until the age of 23, she was taught the basics of Sith society and trained in Lightsaber combat. You don't really get 'trained'. It's a trial and error and if you make an error you die.

At the age of 23, she killed another acolyte in a private duel, but rather than expelling her for this, this was seen as potential. No.

As a challenge, one of the masters sent her to a remote desert colony under command of a new Lord. Perhaps if she excelled there, then there was true potential. If she is so good, why is she being sent away? Just.. no.

Many of your criticisms are incredibly flawed. Allow me to correct some of them.

While you are correct about the Taris line, the line you also comment on is the phsical and mental superiority. Saying "no" like a smartass won't help anyone. If he's wrong, explain why.

You can discover your force sensitivity at any time in your life. Some have gone their entire lives without even knowing it.
KOTOR 2 Spoilers:
Atton Rand is one such example. He didn't know he was force sensitive until he was discovered by a Jedi- And he was in the Sith military at the time.

The Sith don't care about what your background is. If you are force sensitive and you pledge yourself to their cause, they will take you in- Assuming you survive the harsh trials.

The Sith -ARE- trained. You cannot simply give some random force sensitive a light saber and expect them to be able to learn how to use it effectively without proper training- Nor can you expect one to learn how to use the force on their own. That is why a Sith apprentice has a master. To learn and receive training in both the force and saber combat techniques. If you consistently fail to effectively grasp what the master teaches, then you will likely be killed.

And again with the no. No what? Give a damn explanation. Rival Acolytes/apprentices kill each other all the time, although it's done under the table. It is frowned upon, yes, however, some Sith masters will override this with their own wills and take the student under their wing anyways.

And finally, he never said anything about her being excellent. You've misread what the line says. He's simply stating that she was sent there as a trial to prove her worth and if she excelled at her role as a Sith, she is worth the effort of training. And once more, you do the "No" thing.

I only see one error in this application and that's the time error. Taris was destroyed by the time listed, however, a small mistake like that doesn't determine if he can or can't play this character well. Yurek has the experience, for sure, so I'd say give him a shot.

+ Support
thebiggerboat3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by svadas on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:17 pm

thebiggerboat3 wrote:

Many of your criticisms are incredibly flawed. Allow me to correct some of them.

While you are correct about the Taris line, the line you also comment on is the phsical and mental superiority. Saying "no" like a smartass won't help anyone. If he's wrong, explain why.

You can discover your force sensitivity at any time in your life. Some have gone their entire lives without even knowing it.
KOTOR 2 Spoilers:
Atton Rand is one such example. He didn't know he was force sensitive until he was discovered by a Jedi- And he was in the Sith military at the time.

The Sith don't care about what your background is. If you are force sensitive and you pledge yourself to their cause, they will take you in- Assuming you survive the harsh trials.

The Sith -ARE- trained. You cannot simply give some random force sensitive a light saber and expect them to be able to learn how to use it effectively without proper training- Nor can you expect one to learn how to use the force on their own. That is why a Sith apprentice has a master. To learn and receive training in both the force and saber combat techniques. If you consistently fail to effectively grasp what the master teaches, then you will likely be killed.

And again with the no. No what? Give a damn explanation. Rival Acolytes/apprentices kill each other all the time, although it's done under the table. It is frowned upon, yes, however, some Sith masters will override this with their own wills and take the student under their wing anyways.

And finally, he never said anything about her being excellent. You've misread what the line says. He's simply stating that she was sent there as a trial to prove her worth and if she excelled at her role as a Sith, she is worth the effort of training. And once more, you do the "No" thing.

I only see one error in this application and that's the time error. Taris was destroyed by the time listed, however, a small mistake like that doesn't determine if he can or can't play this character well. Yurek has the experience, for sure, so I'd say give him a shot.

+ Support

Atton Rand would have shown signs of Force Sensitivity earlier on. Realising it is another thing.

The trial and error thing was a hyperbole. Don't take everything too seriously.

If you're background is being the school bully, that is not cause for taking somebody in lmao. Get off your moral highhorse dude

svadas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thebiggerboat3 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:24 pm

svadas wrote:
thebiggerboat3 wrote:

KOTOR 2 Spoilers:

+ Support

Atton Rand would have shown signs of Force Sensitivity earlier on. Realising it is another thing.

The trial and error thing was a hyperbole. Don't take everything too seriously.

If you're background is being the school bully, that is not cause for taking somebody in lmao. Get off your moral highhorse dude

I mean ok. Maybe if you would have elaborated abit better instead of just saying "no" like a fag you'd be misunderstood less. It's hard to pinpoint exactly what you're trying to say in your comment. There are many errors in this app, I do see that. I would suggest a review and edit of it to improve these faults if Yurek wants to be accepted.
thebiggerboat3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurek on Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:14 pm

Mark this topic for rejection/deletion, i've come up with a much better idea.

Yurek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Savage on Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:58 pm

DENIED (Under request of topic creator)
Savage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content